December 29, 2020
Dear Students and Families of Laura Secord Secondary School:
The Ministry of Education has announced that secondary schools in southern Ontario, including Niagara will not return to in-person learning on January 4. Schools will remain closed for three weeks until students return to in-person learning on January 25. During this closure period, students will participate in online learning.
Secondary schools will continue to follow the daily schedule posted with one course a day please refer to the schedule below and we always post our schedule on our website at www.laurasecord.org. Students will need to check their D2L Brightspace or Google classrooms for directions from their period teacher each day and must log in by 10:30 a.m. to be marked present, using the usual attendance link. Teachers will provide synchronous and asynchronous learning opportunities to students during our regular instructional hours from 9:55 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Co-op students will not be attending placements and will receive directions from their teacher
- Home Build students will not be participating in the Home Build and will receive directions from their teacher
- Dig IT students will receive directions from their teacher
- Niagara Link students will receive directions from their teacher
- Connecting to College programs will continue online as usual
- Alternative Education programs will transition to online learning and students will receive directions from their teacher
- eLearning courses continue as usual
We appreciate your support and understanding in this ever-evolving situation. If you have any questions or need any assistance, please contact your teacher after the winter break. If you are in need of a device or other support, please contact me on January 4.