Laura Secord Students Grads ONLY
- Graduates will be returning all school materials (all books, borrowed computers, uniforms etc.)
- This will happen at the same time as the pick up of graduation items on Thursday, June 25th. All pick up and drop offs will be done at the curbside. This means that, at your scheduled time, one person will leave the vehicle, do the pick up/drop off, and return to the vehicle before the next person’s turn. There will be no lineups.
- Students are to sign up for a time slot that works for them (5 students in each 15 minute block - please type in your name in an available spot) in the Google Doc at:
- Staff, students and family members are to complete the Ontario COVID -19 Self-Assessment on this scheduled day (June 25th) before bringing items for drop off and pick up. Please do not attend if you do not pass the self-assessment https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/
- Families are to wait in their cars and proceed to the drop off area (Gym doors) one at a time, maintaining safe distance practices of at least two metres from others at all times.
- The drop off area will be provided curbside with alcohol-based hand sanitizer, along with bins and tables labelled with the type of material being dropped off (i.e., textbooks, Chromebooks, etc).
- One person exits vehicle and brings items to table, places items in labelled bins (for each type of item).
- Once items are dropped off, the student will return to their car and drive up to the front entrance where they will be receiving their grad packages. Text 905-980-4840 to identify your student name, once you are pulling up to the front entrance. A few staff will be waiting at the front where they will bring the student’s package to the table. After staff have cleared the table drop off, then you may exit your vehicle to pick grad items.
- Thank you for your patience and support as we try to navigate these difficult circumstances.
Please email Carolyn.Sutch@dsbn.org or Helena.Tritchew@dsbn.org with any questions or concerns.
Thank you & don’t forget to tune into the virtual Grad Celebration on Thursday, June 25, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. Check our website for details.
Have a great summer!