CURRENT LAURA SECORD STUDENTS
In early January, students will begin choosing the courses that they wish to take during the next school year. This process is extremely important for a few reasons:
1. Students need to choose certain courses in order to graduate.
2. Students need particular courses to enable them to reach their chosen post-secondary destination.
3. Student selections help determine what courses we will offer in the next school year.
4. Students need to make good choices now as it will be difficult to make changes later.
Students will use our online system to make their selections. Guidance Counsellors will be in the computer lab assisting with this process. Early in second semester, all students will have the opportunity to meet with a Counsellor during MSIP to discuss their choices.
Copies of all the forms, instruction sheets, and other materials that will be provided to students.
On the Calendar of Events page you will find a full schedule of all course selection activities.
Please view the Course Selection Presentation given on January 10.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our school’s Guidance Office.
GRADE 8 STUDENTS
For information on choosing courses for Grade 9, please view the slideshow specifically aimed at current Grade 8 students entitled "Are You Ready for Grade 9 at Laura Secord? found on our Presentations, Documents and Forms page.
All DSBN Grade 8 students living in Laura Secord's boundary, MUST choose courses with Grade 8 teachers using the online system in Career Cruising, even if you wish to attend a different high school.
If you are a DSBN Grade 8 student wishing to come to Laura Secord in September 2018, but do NOT live in our boundary you are to do the following:
1. Complete online course choices for your boundary school
2. Complete an Alternate School Request Form and submit to your DSBN Elementary Principal
3. Complete a paper copy of Grade 9 course choices for Laura Secord and submit to your DSBN Elementary Principal
If you are NOT a DSBN student, please visit our Guidance Office to pick up a Registration package.
DNA Arts Program
If you wish to apply for the DNA Arts Program, you will be able to get an application package from your current DSBN Elementary Principal. Please complete and return to your current elementary school by December 15, 2017.
If you do NOT live in Laura Secord's boundary, please complete the following:
1. Complete the DNA Application Form
2. Complete online course choices for your boundary school
3. Complete an Alternate School Request Form a
4. Complete a paper copy of Grade 9 course choices for Laura Secord
Submit all of the above to your current DSBN Elementary Principal by December 15, 2017
These forms are available from your elementary school Principal OR you can download them from the Presentations, Documents and Forms page of this website.
If you are NOT a DSBN student and wish to apply to the DNA Arts Program, please pick up an application package from Laura Secord's Guidance Department and return it directly to us by Friday, December 15, 2017.
The MANDATORY DNA Audition/Orientation Information Day is Thursday, January 11, 2018.