We are very excited to announce that we are finally in a position to move forward with Student Union elections! Many of you have expressed interest in getting involved with Student Union… here’s your chance to develop yourself as a leader and make a significant difference in our school community.
We will be accepting nominations until Thursday, January 14, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. Please see the below process outlined for your expression of interest.
Students will be applying for a general position on Student Union. Appointment to the various elected positions will be determined by Staff Advisor(s), once elected, based on each student’s expressed interests, strengths and skills. This helps us avoid having great individuals miss out on serving on Student Union if they do not get elected to a particular position.
We look forward to your applications.
ARTICLE VII - Student Union Position Elections
- All candidates must be regular, full-time students at Laura Secord Secondary School.
- A candidate must have a scholastic average of 70%.
- To be eligible for the position of Prime Minister, a candidate must have held at least one previous full-calendar position on Council or have made a successful appeal to the Staff Advisors and School Administration.
- To be eligible for the position of Prime Minister, a candidate must have successfully completed the Grade 11 program and be entering Grade 12, and hold a 75% grade average.
- Co-Prime Minister - 2 positions
- Deputy Prime Minister - 1 position
- Minister of Records - 2 positions (1 Senior and 1 Junior)
- Minister of Treasury - 2 positions (1 Senior and 1 Junior)
- Minister of Social Media - 2 positions
- Junior Cabinet Ministers - 4 positions
Nominations will be forwarded electronically through the below Google link. A brief speech/video communication to share with our student body of no more than 2 minutes in length should be shared with Mr. Sirianni at Patrick.Sirianni@dsbn.org; upload this to your own dsbn google drive and share it with him in the permissions. This speech/video will assist everyone in deciding their vote so… outline why you think you can make a difference, why you are interested in pursuing a position, any related experience, etcetera. Let Mr. Sirianni know if you need any assistance with videotaping or uploading the video.
Elections shall take place electronically during the week of January 25th through February 1, 2021, inclusive.
- Candidate’s name.
- 3 student endorsements in the way of signatures.
- teacher endorsements in the way of signatures—students must verify teacher endorsements before listing teacher names